Comment on page
How to Become a Validator (Testnet)
In order to become a Bone Network validator (on the Testnet), you must stake a minimum of 10 BONE. Remember you will need test BONE and ETH on the Ethereum Goerli network.
During Testnet, anyone can become a validator (there's up to 100 slots). While this is a test environment, validators who don't behave correctly can be turned off to allow others to join the board. Also remember that during Testnet, validators will be receiving test Bone (they have no real monetary value).
- 1.Users can stake test BONE using the Validator Dashboard.
- 2.Users are able to login using MetaMask or any wallet that has Wallet Connect enabled. In order to log in, users must use the same address where their tokens are stored.
Once you login , you will see the landing page and an option to become a Validator.
- 3.You can initiate the process by clicking Become a validator. Initially, you will be asked to configure the node.
- 4.Select Ansible or Binaries for setting the node.
- 5.Next button will be enabled.
- 6.Clicking on Next will send you to next step, where you can add Validator details and the staking amount.
- 7.Confirm the checkbox and click on continue.
- 8.The next section will appear after you click continue, where all the details are required.
- 9.Upon clicking on next, you will be directed to the required staked amount section, where you can also enter the maximum amount by clicking the max button, the minimum staked amount is 10.
- 10.Next you need to approve the permission from MetaMask.
- 11.After confirming the transaction the data will get saved in db.
- 13.Confirm the transaction.
- 14.As soon as the transaction is confirmed, the setup of the node will be completed.